- Serves: 2
- 4 large artichoke hearts, quartered
- Mixed winter leaves – chicory and radicchio work well here
- 60g/½ a cup of thinly sliced radishes
- A good hunk of Parmesan, slivered
- 2 tablespoons of toasted pine nuts
For the dressing
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- A handful of fresh chopped mint
- First, the artichokes – you can either buy them already chargrilled from a good supermarket or deli, or you can buy four artichokes, steam then in a pan for 20 minutes, remove the hearts and pop them under a hot grill with some olive oil for 8 minutes. The choice is entirely yours.
- Arrange the leaves and radishes on two plates. Make the dressing by combining the lemon juice, olive oil and fresh mint. Put the artichoke hearts and Parmesan on top of the leaves, dress and add the toasted pine nuts.