Photography by Jan Baldwin
- 300g peeled raw prawns or shrimp
- Juice of 3 limes
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions/scallions, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- A pinch of dried red chilli flakes
- A small handful of fresh chopped parsley
- A small handful of fresh chopped coriander/cilantro
- 2 ripe avocados
- Place the prawns/shrimp in a large glass mixing bowl and squeeze the lime juice over them, mixing it all in to make sure they are covered in it.
- Add the tomatoes, the spring onions/scallions and fresh and dried chilli. Add the herbs. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour or so.
- Stone and chop the avocado and add just before serving so they don’t get brown and raddled.